Many sellers think that the Holiday Season is the worst time of year to sell a home, with busy schedules, time off for family gatherings, and fewer buyers looking to buy. However, in reality the Holiday Season is one of the best times to sell, and here are 10 reasons why:
1. People who are willing to look during the holidays are more serious buyers, they are more likely to write an offer.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays. The less homes on the market means increased competition form motivated buyers. This equates to more money for you.
3. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
4. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, they are more likely to pay your price.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the holidays than they do during a typical work week.
6. Many buyers have to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
7. January is the month most new employees begin their jobs. Transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, list your home during the holidays to capture these buyers.
8. You can always restrict showings on the property for 4 or 5 days during the holidays. This way you will not be bugged when it is really important.
9. You can sell your home during the holidays for more money and still extend the occupancy until early January.
10. By selling during the holidays, you will be a non contingent buyer during the spring. This gives you more buying power and allows you to sell high and buy low.
No responses yet